Cookies contain information about the use of your computer but don't include personal information about you (they don't store your name, for instance).
An Example of the Cookies we use:
We use some cookies from Google. These 'google-cookies' help us collect general information about your computer settings. For example, some information collected by these cookies is:
- Information about your device (e.g. if you're using an iPad or a desktop)
- Information about your browsing pattern
- Information about the time you're browsing
This information does not personally identify you but helps us make your experience of our website better. For example, by collecting information about what type of machine you're using, we can consider how our website looks. If we know 80% of people are browsing on an iPad, we can use this information to consider whether we start making new pages that are better viewed on an iPad.
By collecting this information from various users we can accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage, and also to understand the user journey so that we can improve it.
More information about Cookies:
- Here's a good article about cookies on Google: www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- This website is all about cookies: cookiepedia.co.uk
- If you thought this was about real 'edible' cookies, we're sorry. Here's a link to some good cookie recipes though: www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/food/recipes/best-cookie-recipes